Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Power Surge (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gavin Pierce
Healer In-Training
Healer In-Training
Gavin Pierce

Power Surge (Open)  Empty
PostSubject: Power Surge (Open)    Power Surge (Open)  EmptyFri May 16, 2014 12:45 am

It had been a while since Gavin had been left to his own devices to just think. No parents calling him harassing him about coming back home until Mary had finished her school year and was ready to move in. No sister hitting him up for money he didn't have, no brother being...well simply put a fucking asshole. No on the one day of the year that Gavin could have anything he wanted all he wanted was to be alone. It's not how many people imagined spending their eighteenth birthday but for Gavin it was perfect. He'd gone into work early that morning and made a decent chunk of cash, enough to pay of his rent at the hotel for the rest of the month. Then he'd goner and caught a movie in town before walking to the peir too enjoy the sunset off Boston Bay.

It was peaceful and quiet one moment and then within seconds Gavin felt the tingling on his skin that signaled an incoming storm. With a sudden sense of urgency the teen pushed away from the railing he was leaning against and hurried to the back alley he scoped out earlier for a quick magical exit. He needed to be indoors before the storm hit, it wasn't safe for him out here. It probably wasn't safe for other people out here, and that was Gavin's true concern. He was almost home free, the alley was in sight. He was literally six steps away from being in cover enough to apparate safely.

The first drop of rain felt like a searing hot drop of was falling onto his skin, and the tiny sparks of electricity that flew off him sizzled in the air. Within moments the sky had opened and was unleashing a torrential assault down on the city, which unfortunately Gavin had gotten caught in. He wailed in pain as his body began discharging electricity in arcs around him. Falling to his screamed louder the intensity of his discharge increasing until he passed out from the sheer pain. His last conscious thought was that this was not how he wanted to die. Curled up in a ball soaking wet in a puddle...alone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge (Open)    Power Surge (Open)  EmptySun May 18, 2014 2:12 am

Quality Quidditch Supplies had offered the modelling job down in America, so Jake had had to travel down for the shoot. It was a singular shoot this time, however, showing off the new Quidditch wear for the season that had come out, on top of the Winter sports wear. Jake had enjoyed it thoroughly, and the photographer had sent a message of thanks to his dressing room after for being so flexible to work with.

Jake didn't know what that meant, if truth be told, so he'd slipped the note in to his jacket pocket and decided to ask Azalea about it later. She understood these things, Jake just had fun partaking in them.

As Jake exited the building from the shoot, he found he had to pull his hood up, rain already coming down on him hard. The Quidditch star moved off towards where he'd seen a small alley, perfect for apparating away from the murky weather. It was as the pattering of rain grew harder that the sound of a scream rose in the street, and Jake looked around, trying to find the place the scream had come from.

There, on the side of the street, lay a form of someone that was all too familiar and Jake sprinted towards his best friend. Narrowly missing a car as he ran in to the road without thinking. As Jake moved to Gavin's side, he flung himself to his knees beside him. "Gav, GAV!" Jake shouted at his friend, reaching out to touch him, only to get a very powerful shock. "Shit, man! Gavin, it's Jake, wake up!" The boy pleaded, taking out his wand and muttering a soft levitating spell. He didn't care if there were Muggles, his best friend was hurt.

And charge and water didn't mix.

Noticing an open garage, Jake hurried towards there, Gavin levitating at his side. Once inside, Jake gently placed the boy down. Muttering a drying spell but not daring to touch his fellow Belladonna again. "Gav, speak to me." Jake insisted, eyes watching for some sign of life.

Last edited by Jake Newbury on Tue May 20, 2014 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gavin Pierce
Healer In-Training
Healer In-Training
Gavin Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge (Open)    Power Surge (Open)  EmptySun May 18, 2014 7:58 am

In his unconscious state Gavin was vaguely aware of someone calling out to him, the voice sounded familiar but it sounded distant and murky to him. As if his ears were full of water, everything was coming in fuzzy and mumbled. He let out a soft groan as his body was being lifted still unaware of what was happening. It wasn't until he was dry and heard Jake call out for him again that Gavin stirred. Weakly his eyes fluttered open and he looked around the garage they were in. Bright blue eyes looked up at Jake as Gavin struggled to speak, his body still going through the shock of discharging that much energy at one time.

"Hey..." was all he managed to get out before he let his eyes close again. His breathing steadied and the tiny sparks that were still leaping from him started to die down, but he still wasn't feeling up to moving. After a few moments he could manage speaking at least though his eyes remained closed. "I feel like I just had a building dropped on me." He grumbled a bit. "Thanks for saving me mate..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge (Open)    Power Surge (Open)  EmptySun May 18, 2014 8:07 am

"Hey..."

"Hey? Hey? You get electrocuted and then caught in the rain, and you say hey!" Jake seethed, punching his best friends arm for good measure, only to recoil at the electrical current that was emanating from his best friend. A swear word left his mouth a moment later as Jake shook his hand, trying to rid the tingling feeling from his arm.

"Thanks for saving me mate..."

The thank you lulled Jake's anger slightly at his friends apparent disregard for what had just happened. "S'okay." Jake added, looking over his friend. "What do I do, Gav? You have electricity running through you? St Nick's?" He asked, noting his friends eyes closed. He was talking though, so he was awake. These things could never happen when Azalea was with him, could they?

Last edited by Jake Newbury on Tue May 20, 2014 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gavin Pierce
Healer In-Training
Healer In-Training
Gavin Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge (Open)    Power Surge (Open)  EmptyTue May 20, 2014 12:26 pm

Normally Gavin would have welcomed the punch from Jake and probably returned the favor, but as it was all he managed was a groan as his body reacted and pulsed out electricity to shock his friend. He was trying everything that he could to try and regain control over his powers, but nothing was working. There was a sudden surge of energy that Gavin had no idea how to manipulate. With much effort he managed to push himself up into a sitting position hunched over, eyes still shut tight.

"It's a little more complicated than that Jakey," Gavin started to explain, "I don't have electricity running through me...I am electricity. I have a higher electric charge than a 100 gigawatt generator. Remember how I told you my dad wasn't a human and that I had powers I couldn't control...well this is part of it."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge (Open)    Power Surge (Open)  EmptyTue May 20, 2014 1:04 pm

"It's a little more complicated than that Jakey,"

With the nickname that his parents and grandparents were fond of using out in the open, Jake could no longer pretend to be angry. Concern was the main emotion in the young man in that moment. Even if he couldn't see it for himself, his eyes showed quite clearly that he was worried for Gavin.

At the explanation of what had happened, Jake frowned. "So basically you're a bloody hazard to everyone if you get wet!" Jake summarised, shaking his head at his best friend. "When does all of this stop? And how the hell does it work if you're made up of seventy per cent water?" The questions were fast from Jake's lips as he tried to keep up. It didn't make sense, but for the most part, Gavin looked like he was going to be okay.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Pierce
Healer In-Training
Healer In-Training
Gavin Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge (Open)    Power Surge (Open)  EmptyTue May 20, 2014 3:55 pm

Gavin winced a bit at Jake's first question, knowing that he was a danger was a little different than hearing the man you respected more than anything bluntly stating it. "Normally I'm good about being safe. It's no coincidence I was always mysteriously sick if we had a Quidditch match on a day it rained. I have a second sense when it comes to rain, my skin gets all prickly hours before it rains...except for today for some reason." Finally he opened his eyes and looked over Jake his heart melting at the look of concern on his friend's face.

Gavin couldn't see it himself, but at the moment his blue eyes were literally glowing brightly in the dim garage. "It'll stop when my body has discharged excess power. And also my blood isn't water based, but ionized plasma fluid. As is my sweat."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge (Open)    Power Surge (Open)  EmptyTue May 20, 2014 11:55 pm

Jake listened as Gavin explained why he'd been missing on a number of occasions from Quidditch. Staying away when everyone else was getting soaked. It made sense now. Back then there had been jibes which Jake had put an abrupt end to for his best friend but now it made perfect sense. "Not just a wimp then?" Jake teased lightly, his tone falling back to one of over a year ago with the boy beside him.

Back when things weren't know, and didn't matter.

When Gavin said it would stop, Jake relaxed, sitting back down on the concrete and letting out a soft sigh. "Don't do that again, bro. Get an umbrella... Or something." The Quidditch star insisted, trying to dispel the feelings of fear that had made themselves known.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Pierce
Healer In-Training
Healer In-Training
Gavin Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge (Open)    Power Surge (Open)  EmptyWed May 28, 2014 10:35 am

A light chuckle came from the red head at Jake's light jab about him being a wimp, he knew that the older male was trying to comfort him and he appreciated the effort. Even though things were getting better between the two of them it was still a bit awkward at moments. Gavin hadn't pushed the issue because he could tell that Jake was trying, but it still sucked knowing that he couldn't tell his best friend about a part of his life. Not that it mattered much because Gavin currently had very little love life to report, but it was the concept that bugged him.

"Don't sound so worried bro," Gavin said in an attempt to assuage Jake's fear, "in classic Jake fashion you've saved my ass once again." He gave the other male a smile before a sneeze from out of nowhere erupted. As he sneezed an bolt of electricity shot forward from his body and zapped straight across the room. "Oh...that's new."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge (Open)    Power Surge (Open)  EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:36 am

"Don't sound so worried bro," Gavin said in an attempt to assuage Jake's fear, "in classic Jake fashion you've saved my ass once again."

"Make me sound like a hero, man." Jake replied, shaking his head at the idea. He'd never seen himself as a hero, many had tried to pin him as one, especially in the last couple of years. But Jake never saw looking out for your friends, family or even strangers an act of heroism, it was simply a state of caring. "I'm just in the right places at the right time... A lot."

"Oh...that's new."

As another shock of lightning moved across the room, Jake leant away from the boy. The Defence Against the Dark Arts professor was scared, which wasn't great in his job, but when you didn't understand something, it was easy to let the mask of calm slip. "A power flu?" Jake asked, being serious with his idea. "Should I get you to St Nicks, Gav? Or... home?"

Last edited by Jake Newbury on Fri May 30, 2014 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gavin Pierce
Healer In-Training
Healer In-Training
Gavin Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge (Open)    Power Surge (Open)  EmptyThu May 29, 2014 12:12 pm

"I didn't mean hero in the white knight ride in to save the day sense man," Gavin admitted with an ever so slight blush on his face ,which if asked about he would totally blame the fever. "I meant hero in the I've always looked up to you and wished that I could be half the man you are sense." Gavin could tell that Jake wasn't getting any less worried about his situation and he wasn't sure how to ease his best friends concern. As a training healer Gavin knew that he really should go to the hospital, but at the same time he'd gone through this before and their process of draining his excess electricity was much more painful than the natural way.

Weighing the options in his mind a slight frown formed on Gavin's face, "Home'll be fine man. I have a hotel not too far away from here. I should be fine there for the night." He hesitated a bit, "And if it gets any worse then you can take me to St. Nick's?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge (Open)    Power Surge (Open)  EmptyFri May 30, 2014 2:34 am

"I meant hero in the I've always looked up to you and wished that I could be half the man you are sense."

Shaking his head at the boys idea, Jake was oddly touched, if asked, Jake wouldn't say he'd had to work hard in life to achieve what he had, everything had... fallen in to place. "Just luck, man." Jake muttered in reply, not wanting to think about it too much. Luck it may be, but Jake was very happy with everything he had in life, and wouldn't change it for the world.

"Home'll be fine man. I have a hotel not too far away from here. I should be fine there for the night."

Nodding at the instructions, Jake tentatively put an arm around his best friend. "Just try not to fry me, okay? Azalea will kill you if I'm fried." Jake joked, knowing Azalea wouldn't really do such things, but the threat was enough.

"And if it gets any worse then you can take me to St. Nick's?"

"No problem." Jake muttered, thinking solely of Gavin's hotel room. He hadn't seen it, but you didn't always have to know exactly what you were looking for for these things to work. It was a crack later that Jake had apparated the two of them to Gavin's hotel room. Frowning, the older man looked around. "Don't you have a place to stay, Gav?" Jake asked, wondering why his best friend wasn't home, or at the very least mentioned this.

They had their ups and downs, but Jake would always find it in his heart to put his best friend up for a bit.

Even if that meant having the younger boy stealing Victoria's room at his flat.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Pierce
Healer In-Training
Healer In-Training
Gavin Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge (Open)    Power Surge (Open)  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 1:50 pm

At Jake's threat Gavin gave a bit of a snort, he'd doubted Azalea would kill him over something that was out of his control, but even still Gavin focused all of his energy on keeping the electric current in him contained. Had he been paying proper attention he would have noticed that he was generating much more power than normal, even if he was currently discharging. The moment Jake apparated them into his room Gavin immediately pushed him away and grabbed onto the wool comforter laying on the bed allowing a great deal of electricity surge through it. Wool, he'd found through years of dealing with this, conducted electricity even better than rubber. Once he'd burned off some exsess power he turned and faced Jake again.

He wasn't exactly sure how to go about answering Jake's questions without making too big a deal about why he wasn't at home. "Well I'm moving here next year anyway, Mary and I are getting an apartment so I figured I might as well get familiar with the city." He looked down not wanting to make eye contact with his friend as he spoke the next part knowing it'd be useless to try and hide it for too long. "And well as far as home goes...let's just say that my parents were less than thrilled when I came out. I'm not on speaking terms with my family except for my sister...which shocks the hell out of me." As he spoke he sneezed again and an arc of lighting zipped forward and was absorbed by the comforter.

"...pun apparently intended." He said with a bashful rub at the back of his neck eyes still glued to the ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge (Open)    Power Surge (Open)  EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 2:29 pm

As soon as the duo landed, Jake was pushed away, and in any other situation he might have taken it personally, but the older man knew it was for his safety. Jake watched as Gavin wrapped himself in a blanket, allowing the power surges to continue. The Quidditch star was nothing more than useless in the situation, but he would stay to look after his best friend, after being such a twat the last couple of months, Jake had to make up for it now.

"Well I'm moving here next year anyway, Mary and I are getting an apartment so I figured I might as well get familiar with the city."

"You and Mary?" Jake asked, slightly bemused at the idea of his friend with the Wormwood girl. Mary was nice, possibly a perfect compliment to Gavin's persona. "Nice one, man!" The young man added a moment later, a hint of worry leaving his features.

Then the mention of his parents made Jake frown. "Why didn't you tell me, Gav? You know that you could have come and stayed with Azalea and I!" Jake insisted, shaking his head at his best friend before taking a seat in one of the chairs. "But... your family will come round, you just... need to give them time..." He added, slightly hesitant but really wanting to believe it.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Pierce
Healer In-Training
Healer In-Training
Gavin Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge (Open)    Power Surge (Open)  EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 1:45 pm

Gavin would have felt almost bad correcting Jake's assumption of what he had said, he figured that was a conversation best left for another day, perhaps when he wasn't sparking and sizzling. Though when Jake went on to talk about how he could have stayed with him and Azalea all he could do was shake his head. "I appreciate the offer bro really I do, but I couldn't burden you and Azalea like that it just isn't my nature." He skipped the part where hanging out with his best friend and his girlfriend had started to make the redhead feel a bit like a third wheel and constantly reminded him that he himself was missing that companionship.

The attempt to make Gavin feel better about his family essentially disowning him did little to help his actual mood, but it did give the teen some hope that Jake himself was starting to come around. That'd be just as good in Gavin's mind if not better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge (Open)    Power Surge (Open)  EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 3:06 pm

"I appreciate the offer bro really I do, but I couldn't burden you and Azalea like that it just isn't my nature."

"It wouldn't be a burden, Gav. It's nice to have people over." Jake insisted, but if his friend didn't want to come over, Jake would not put pressure on him. There were still many and more things he and Azalea had to sort through, and some time alone was always welcome.

As the conversation died down, Jake sat back in his chair. Gavin seemed to be cooling off, so to speak, so that could only be a good thing right now. "How are you feeling now, bro?" Jake asked after a short pause, hoping that Gavin was now through the worst of all of this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge (Open)    Power Surge (Open)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Power Surge (Open)
Page 1 of 1