Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
James Reonalds
Unsorted
James Reonalds

The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13) Empty
PostSubject: The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13)   The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13) EmptySat May 03, 2014 10:59 am

James had invited Vic to come down to his own personal lab behind the Potions classrooms, still the same as he'd left it (as far as he could remember, anyway) from his work on the disease. The house elves had kept it clean, although one of his experiments that he'd left to go to Lugarmago had to be Vanished, and the cauldron it refused to come out of with it. That was disappointing, he'd liked that cauldron.

Setting out the notes James had from his work on Vic's case on a table, he also pulled up some chairs and cleared a space for food, which he asked a house elf to bring. She returned with hot chocolate and some little cakes. He thanked her politely and she disappeared with a bow and a smile. Everything was set up, but the notes were far enough off to the side that the two could have a conversation first, if they were so inclined.

There was a knock on the door and James opened it with a smile. "Hey Vic, how's it going?" he said as he showed her into the lab.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13)   The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13) EmptySat May 03, 2014 11:08 am

When James had asked her to pop over to his potions lab, Victoria had no intention of declining. He'd mentioned his notes from her operation, so even if it hadn't been enough to spend time with James Reonalds, finding out how the cure worked most certainly was. There was so much to tell him, too, from the first couple of weeks of school, Victoria was practically ready to burst!

Knocking on the door, Victoria waited for the Potions Master to open the door. Potions master, it had a funny ring to it.

"Hey Vic, how's it going?"

"James!" Victoria greeted with her usual bright smile. "I'm wonderful thank you, and yourself? How's little Peter?" She asked having become quite fond of the younger Reonalds because he was positively adorable. Moving past James as he welcomed her in, Victoria took in the lab that hadn't changed a bit since they'd last been here together. Victoria hadn't had the courage to come back with James gone, too afraid of the memories that lurked here. "Oh, you got cake! Fantastic!" Victoria exclaimed, moving to the table and taking up one of the chairs.

"How were your lessons too? No troublemakers, I hope?"
Back to top Go down
James Reonalds
Unsorted
James Reonalds

PostSubject: Re: The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13)   The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13) EmptySat May 03, 2014 11:23 am

James grinned. "Peter is fine. He's with Zalea right now, since she's the one who asked me to teach in the first place." As Vic entered the room past him, he suddenly realized that this situation was probably highly inappropriate, with him being a professor, but shrugged it off. He and Vic were friends from before, when he was a student, so he decided it didn't really count. He left the door open anyway, so they could be seen.

Sitting across from Vic, James poured them both cups of hot chocolate, taking a sip from his own. He preferred coffee, but really any warm drink would be nice in the sightly chilly dungeon. "My lessons went well enough. There are always troublemakers, but I think I dealt with it well." He shrugged. That was how some kids were, having to test the authority. "How about you, have you learned anything interesting? Have any questions on anything?" he asked, doing his professorly duty. Besides, he wasn't a Wormwood for nothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13)   The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13) EmptySat May 03, 2014 11:41 am

"Peter is fine. He's with Zalea right now, since she's the one who asked me to teach in the first place."

"Ah! So currently he's being spoilt rotten!" Victoria said, letting out a soft peel of laughter. Azalea had a soft spot for children, Jake had said something about their godson being treated to so many presents that he couldn't fathom Azalea got the idea for. But Victoria knew her brother always had such difficulty with gift ideas, it was hardly a surprise he balked when someone could think of multiple gifts.

The mention of his lessons going well made Victoria very proud of James, teaching was difficult, Jake and Azalea made it look easy, but Victoria knew the truth. "I think you did amazing!" She insisted, accepting the cup of hot chocolate and blowing softly over the surface so she wouldn't burn herself.

"How about you, have you learned anything interesting? Have any questions on anything?"

"Everything is interesting, James!" Victoria insisted in a tone that said he should have known that already. "And asking me to pick something that was interesting would be impossible. I'm loving all my subjects, a wide amount of variety is being covered, and I believe I am keeping up with everything just fine!" The witch explained, reaching out for a cake and tucking in.

"There was something I wanted to ask you though, it's... about a boy. I would ask Azalea or Jake, but..." I don't think it's appropriate to... Victoria tried to explain. "Do you think you could help me with that?" She asked, knowing that James might not be comfortable with such things.
Back to top Go down
James Reonalds
Unsorted
James Reonalds

PostSubject: Re: The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13)   The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13) EmptySun May 04, 2014 7:08 pm

James laughed. "Yes, I suppose he is. He won't want to leave his auntie to come back with his dad once Zalea's done with him." He knew Peter would always be in loving hands if Zalea had him and she turned into Momma Bear when she had a child to protect. He took a moment to laugh internally at the image before turning his attention back to the conversation.

Vic's enthusiasm made James smile. It was something he vaguely recognized from his old school days, and even more from now, when he was still curious about everything. "That's good then. I just hope everything continues to be interesting when you're doing your homework!"

James shifted a bit uncomfortably in his seat. "About a boy?" he asked. "Well, you can ask, but I don't know how helpful I'll be." He really, really hoped he wouldn't get too awkward over this, but he resolved to answer the question if he could. Going through life ignorant of any of the numerous things Vic's question could be about would just leave her vulnerable. If it was too bad, he'd just send her to Zalea, reservations be damned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13)   The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13) EmptyMon May 05, 2014 3:16 am

"Oh, don't be silly! Azalea is great, in lots of different ways, but you'll always be Peter's daddy. Besides, I don't think Jake would particularly like children around the house. Have you ever seen him with children?" Victoria asked, it was so incredibly rare, but Victoria remembered the last time she'd seen him with one of their mommy's friend's babies, he'd looked far too uncomfortable.

At the mention of getting bored with homework, Victoria shook her head. "Homework is the best part!" Victoria insisted, before pausing. "Well, all of it is the best part... that probably doesn't count... But you can look at the wider area for it!"

When James accepted her request on her question, Victoria gave him a reassuring smile. "Well, I have a friend, who says some really funny things. Well, more confusing than funny, but he makes me smile." Victoria began, a small, fond smile touching her lips even as she confessed to such things. "And, last time we spoke, he was talking about his finger. And twins. And how his finger made those twins very happy. I... Don't understand what he was trying to say, and he told me I wasn't tall enough to know..."

The whole thing had been vastly confusing to Victoria, but James was older, and a boy. Therefore, he must have some inclination as to what Jax had been talking about, mustn't he?
Back to top Go down
James Reonalds
Unsorted
James Reonalds

PostSubject: Re: The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13)   The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13) EmptyMon May 05, 2014 2:50 pm

James had, in fact, seen Jake when children were around and grinned. "Yeah, I don't think your brother would be too keen on keeping Peter forever." He wondered if that would ever be a problem in Jake and Azalea's relationship, but decided he'd help Zalea cross that bridge if and when they came to it.

At the truly Wormwood answer, James had to laugh. "Knowledge is life," he agreed. "The Wormwood creed for the Wormwood pair." He knew of the feeling, the insatiable drive for knowledge, accompanied by the freedom of pursuing it. He knew that Vic was much like him, even if he didn't fully understand who he was.

Squirming in his seat, James thought about how best to answer. "Well, um, there's- you see- Zalea's talked to you about- about sex, right? About the basics of what happens? You know the part that makes babies and that's the most basic form. But there are other kinds too..." He trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck, trying to think how to phrase this. "Um... Sometimes, a lot of the time, actually, people don't do it because they want babies. They do it because they like it. It's a very physical kind of want that lots of people have when they get older, because of hormones released by the brain. And you don't necessarily have to have sex with private parts together. It can be just, um, touching other people... there with hands and it makes them feel good, but just really, really make sure you're ready for any of that and don't try it for a long time Vic, ok?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13)   The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13) EmptyTue May 06, 2014 1:54 pm

Victoria nodded as James began to explain about what Jax had been talking about, Azalea had told her how babies were made. It revolved around a lot of love and happiness, and marriage and jobs and being ready to do such things.

As James explained hands could be used instead of private parts, Victoria frowned for a moment, trying to work this out. "So, instead of putting his willy in the girl... He put his finger..." She whispered, more to herself than to James at the slight realisation.

"but just really, really make sure you're ready for any of that and don't try it for a long time Vic, ok?"

"But... what if I want to try?" Victoria asked, always a sucker for people telling her not to try things and then wanting to. "I mean... what does it feel like?"
Back to top Go down
James Reonalds
Unsorted
James Reonalds

PostSubject: Re: The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13)   The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13) EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:20 pm

James fidgeted uncomfortably as Vic announced her conclusions out loud. "Um... yeah, basically. It's just... something people do, I guess." He wasn't about to go into anything more in depth, especially not anything she hand't asked about already. He just really hoped that this boy didn't hint to her about anything else or that he'd tell her himself next time. Speaking of... James frowned. "This boy who said these things. He wasn't talking about doing them to you, was he?" He was all for making your own choices and Merlin knows he couldn't talking, having gotten a girl pregnant while they were both in school, but he didn't think the young Wormwood would be ready for anything like that.

Face tomato red, James tried to think how to answer. "Um, well, I mean- First of all, 14 is the legal age of consent. N- not that it doesn't happen anyway, but I think we'd all rather you waited. Second, you'd need someone to try it with and you're not in a relationship right now, right? So you don't have anyone to try it with. Third, Jake would kill me if he heard I'd told you any of this and that you'd gone and tried it." Her second question made his blush even darker, not that he'd know that was possible. "W-well I d-don't exactly know. I'm not a girl, am I?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13)   The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13) EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:41 pm

"This boy who said these things. He wasn't talking about doing them to you, was he?"

The question confused Victoria before she grinned up at James. "Jackson Blake and I are just friends, James. He was just talking about his summer. Jax is always talking about funny things, but he never explains himself. And I don't think he wants to do those things to me." She added the last in confidence, Jax was in love with the twins, so he played with them. That was all Victoria needed to know.

As James listed off the three things she needed to try it, Victoria shook her head at James. "Not with somebody, James. You have to love and trust someone very much before you do these things. Didn't anybody ever tell you that? I don't love anybody like that. I love all my friends, but not like that." Victoria explained, amused that James didn't understand the principles of such things.

"W-well I d-don't exactly know. I'm not a girl, am I?"

"I don't think you are." Victoria replied, being honest. She didn't know for certain, but she was ninety nine per cent that James was a boy. "But don't worry. I can find out one day." Victoria explained, taking another bit of her muffin. After swallowing, Victoria looked up to James with a smile.

"So you had papers to show me?" The witch asked, not looking at all embarrassed over what had been said. In fact, they could have been talking about the weather with just how much Victoria was phased by the topic.
Back to top Go down
James Reonalds
Unsorted
James Reonalds

PostSubject: Re: The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13)   The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13) EmptyWed May 07, 2014 3:05 pm

James let out a silent breath of relief. He wasn't sure how he would have felt, had this boy, Jax, been talking about Victoria. While she was beautiful and vivacious and deserved to be loved, he wasn't sure he wanted her getting into this sort of stuff so young. Or so innocent.

James almost choked as he realized what she was getting at. How on earth did she manage to say these things with such matter of fact innocence? At least she recognized that there was nobody else she should really be trying this with. "Well, that's different, I suppose. You can do whatever you want to yourself," he answered, trying to match her stoic statement of fact, though he didn't quite achieve it at her level.

"I'm not," James muttered. "I think I would have noticed by now. Besides, if I was a girl and Jynx was a girl, how would we have had Peter?" James was fairly sure Zalea had covered that bit in her lesson to Victoria. "I don't think you need to check."

Once he got past being shocked and uncomfortable, James had to admit that it was a pretty amusing conversation. Nevertheless, he jumped at the change in topic. "Yes." He turned to grab some of the papers, showing them to her. "Now you see, it was a simple matter of accessing the DNA information already present in your cells and activating it..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13)   The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Things You Hear (Vic, PG-13)
Page 1 of 1