Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Transfiguration (1st-4th years)

Go down 
+4
Ares Oxton
Jaden Taylor
Brayden Count
Rosalinda Reese
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosalinda Reese
Head of Ravenclaw
Head of Ravenclaw
Rosalinda Reese

Transfiguration (1st-4th years) Empty
PostSubject: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Rosalinda really didn't want to start of the year with a lesson this time, she wanted to teach her students something else for once. Basically changing up her schedule a bit. When Rosalinda entered her classroom she couldn't help the smile that came onto her face. She missed this, yes the summer was fun but she liked being able to teach because she loved being able to take her mind off of everything. Rosalinda sighed and wrote 'Animagi' on the board.
Back to top Go down
Brayden Count
Belladonna Fourth Year
Belladonna Fourth Year
Brayden Count

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 3:53 pm

He wasn't sure if he was going to like Transfiguration but he was going to give it a shot. He was always told by his Aunt that you should never judge a book by its cover, it was polite and it should never be done. The Belladonna walked into the classroom and saw that he was in fact the only student there at the moment. Brayden sighed and took a seat towards the front of the classroom. "Hello."
Back to top Go down
Jaden Taylor
Nightshade Fourth Year
Nightshade Fourth Year
Jaden Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 4:05 pm

Jaden was running to make sure that she was going to get to class on time. It was strange that her sister wasn't going to be in classes. But she knew that Sadie was the school healer. When she looked around she at least seen that she wasn't late. Which was always a good thing. She couldn't help but wondered when Brayden was going to be there. The boy was on her mind a lot. But that was because he would always make her smile. She then waited for the professor.
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 8:32 pm

Ares had to admit that some of his female Professors were attractive and that is most likely the reason he liked to pay attention and actually participate when he could or when he had the chance. He walked into Transfiguration and looked around, he saw the same classmates he saw in Professor Harrisson's classroom. Ares took a random seat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyFri May 02, 2014 1:23 am

Victoria skipped happily down the corridor to Transfiguration from her common room. The mornings where Transfiguration came in to play were absolutely great, it meant she could stay in bed just a little bit longer and not have to worry too much. The Wormwood had opted for the skirt version of the uniform, which allowed her to move more freely, and as she opened the door to the class she smiled happily.

"Good morning everyone!" Victoria chorused as she moved to her usual seat at the front of the class. "Oh, Animagi, very good topic, professor!" The witch added, smiling to herself as she took out her supplies. This year was going to be absolutely wonderful, she could feel it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyFri May 02, 2014 7:59 am

Transfigurations was not a subject she particularly enjoyed, but still, it was more interesting than her other options. Walking into the class, she made her way to the front of the room, only to find Victoria was already there. Not really wanting to sit next to her, Jani opted for the second row. "Morning Professor," she said, before taking out her writing materials.

Neatly, she copied down the word on the board into a fresh page and set her quill down, waiting for the lesson to begin.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodite Oxton
Belladonna Sixth Year
Belladonna Sixth Year
Aphrodite Oxton

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptySat May 03, 2014 11:59 pm

When Aphrodite entered the Transfiguration classroom, she was instantly met by familiar faces. One of them being her little brother. Since Aphrodite didn't really know where to sit, she took the empty seat next to Ares. She sent him a smile before looking at Professor Reese. "Hello Professor. Did you have a good summer?" Aphrodite asked sweetly.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle Dimonté
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Isabelle Dimonté

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:06 am

Isabelle was absolutely hell-bent on being on-time to all of her classes, and in doing so she found herself skipping between them. It was odd, to her, that skipping wasn't nearly as exhausting as running, but it was almost just as quick. Not to mention at least eight times more fun. The girl wasn't sure at what point she had decided that she would choose transfiguration, but it must have seemed like a relatively fun topic at the time.

She finished skipping just as she reached the entrance to the classroom and smiled sweetly at her professor before moving to take a seat in the front row. She liked being at the front. Everyone would know who she was if she sat at the front and answered as many questions as possible, she thought, and as she took out her supplies she took the chance to look around at her classmates. For what reason, the Wormwood wasn't quite sure. She didn't really recognise anyone, but that didn't matter.

Isabelle would definitely make some friends this year even if it killed her.
Back to top Go down
Callum Hunt
Nightshade Sixth Year
Nightshade Sixth Year
Callum Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptySun May 04, 2014 8:35 am

Transfiguration, he found to be a drag. Though his parents forced him to think 'Academic Excellence' and pushed him to strive for it. So he naturally took every class that was offered. Because even though it wasn't his favourite, every mark counts. And he was aiming for all O's. He walked into the classroom and noticed Jani already in her seat. He walked to the second row and sat down beside her "Hi Professor," he greeted and then looked to Jani "Jani," he nodded and smiled at her.
Back to top Go down
Gillian Arkanian
Nightshade Third Year
Nightshade Third Year
Gillian Arkanian

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptySun May 04, 2014 7:25 pm

Walking in a haste, she entered the transfiguration classroom and took a seat near the back of the class. It wasn't her favourite place to sit, seeing how she always got distracted when sitting so far back, but she wasn't about to walk to the front with so many people around her.

Taking out the parchment and quill, she started scribbling "Animagus" on big capital letters, on the top of the parchment. She remembered reading some on it last year, but wasn't really sure how it was accomplished. That's why she hoped the teacher didn't ask too many questions about it.
Back to top Go down
Rosalinda Reese
Head of Ravenclaw
Head of Ravenclaw
Rosalinda Reese

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:26 pm

Rosalinda saw familiar faces joining the classroom when she opened the door, a lot of her students were ones from last year or the year before that had made a good impression for themselves. "Hello and welcome back to Salem, I hope you all had a good summer. For this lesson, we will be going over something that I am sure some of you have heard of before. Who can tell me what an Animagi is?" Rosalinda asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:30 pm

"Who can tell me what an Animagi is?"

Victoria's hand shot up at the question, a smile on her face. "An Animagi is a person who can change their form in to that of an animal at will. You have to register as an animagi if you are capable of doing such things, and usually the animal you turn in to is something that represents your character. It's very difficult magic, and even if you try really hard, you may not always be capable of doing the magic." She explained, knowing that she would love to be able to do it.

It was only a matter of trying, she supposed.
Back to top Go down
Gillian Arkanian
Nightshade Third Year
Nightshade Third Year
Gillian Arkanian

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyWed May 07, 2014 11:59 pm

Gillian looked dumbfounded at the girl who raised her hand and answered like a know-it-all, there was something that irritated her about the girl, but she couldn't really place what exactly it was that bothered her; maybe the fact that she didn't like people who were trying so hard to impress teachers and the girl seemed exactly like the kind of girl who sucked up to teachers all the time.

She sighed and frowned, as she realized that she hadn't wrote down anything about animagis but the title, and now if no one repeated, she would have to look up for it on her own, after class. This definitely wasn't going as planned.
Back to top Go down
Rosalinda Reese
Head of Ravenclaw
Head of Ravenclaw
Rosalinda Reese

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyThu May 08, 2014 1:36 pm

Rosalinda watched as Victoria raised her hand and answered what she wanted to hear, when the Wormwood was finished explaining what an Animagi was, Rosalinda spoke. "Correct, 5 points to Wormwood. Now for today since we're not going to be turning ourselves into Animagus's , we will be writing about them. So today I want you to write about what kind of animal you would like to be if you ever did become an Animagus and why you want to" Rosalinda instructed. She conjured up parchment and placed a piece of parchment in front of each student.
Back to top Go down
Brayden Count
Belladonna Fourth Year
Belladonna Fourth Year
Brayden Count

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyThu May 08, 2014 2:12 pm

Brayden had never really thought about what kind of animal he'd like to be if he ever had the chance to become one. Now it really got him thinking about this question, he wouldn't want to be a small and weak animal, but he also didn't want to be a strong and killable animal either. Brayden thought about his strengths and it came to him what kind of animal he'd like to be. Brayden got out his quill and got to writing.

'Brayden Count'

'If I ever had the chance to be like an Animagi and turn myself into an animal, I'd have to choose to be a Wolf. Wolves don't have to deal with all the drama, they just go out and do their thing. They hunt their prey, they have their babies, they even find their mates. Wolves can be so carefree and that is something I like to be when I am not dealing with all the drama around me, there are times where I like to break the rules because what is going on around me is annoying and doing something careless will help me out in the near future.'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyThu May 08, 2014 2:40 pm

When they were told that they wouldn't be doing anything practical, Victoria felt a little upset about that. Sure, she wasn't expecting to actually be able to do the hardest spell, but possibly a show of someone's capabilities would have been nice. But, the Wormwood listened to what they had to do and when the parchment was set in front of her, she pondered for a moment.

If I were to become an Animagus, I technically wouldn't have a choice in which animal I became, because it isn't a choice for most people. However, in the best case scenario, I would hope to be a Sphinx. This would denote intelligence, power and elegance, the three things that I aim for in life. However, if we are to pick a non-magical creature, I would love to be an owl, they are cute and wise and can fly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyFri May 09, 2014 6:57 am

Janique had tuned out in class, because she found this topic to be rather boring. However, once their Professor announced their work and the parchment appeared on her desk, she picked up the quill and began to think. After a few minutes, she smiled to herself and began writing.

I have no doubt that I would be a black widow spider. This misunderstood insect describes me perfectly. They are vicious creatures, devouring the men they sleep with. They are small, and look beautiful on the outside, but are deadly to play with. You would never want to have a black widow in your house and you would not like to be in the same room as one, yet, you normally don't know if they are there because they are good at hiding. It usually isn't until you have been bitten by one that you realize they are there.

This is exactly who I am. I have had bad experiences with guys, and if you try to play with me I can turn nasty. If you treat me with respect and nicely, I will not harm you, just like a black widow only attacks when feeling threatened. I am misunderstood and am good at blending in. If someone tries to mess with me, I can become mean and vicious, but you wouldn't know that from my looks.

Animagi are said to turn into a representation of who they are, their soul animal. Due to this, I can only conclude that if I was an animagi, I would be a black widow. Even if I had a choice, I would still pick this insect, because I believe this is who I am and I am satisfied with simply being me.

She reread it, checking for errors. Once satisfied, she scribbled her name on top and raised her hand. "Professor, I've finished. Is there any other work to be done?"
Back to top Go down
Aphrodite Oxton
Belladonna Sixth Year
Belladonna Sixth Year
Aphrodite Oxton

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyFri May 09, 2014 10:25 pm

Aphrodite knew that they couldn't be turned into real Animagi so she understood the need to write on paper about what they'd like to become. Aphrodite wasn't sure what she'd like to become, she didn't want it to be super girly but she also wanted something that would fit her personality very well. The blonde picked up her quill and began to write.

If I were to ever become or change myself into an Animagi, I think I'd turn into a swan. I love being in the water and my mythical energy feels so light that it would match with the white of the swan. I am loveable to everyone and don't have a mean bone in my body, yes it may sound weird that I want to be a swan which is technically a duck in some sort of way, but swans represent purity, love, and pure beauty. I don't think of myself as pure beauty, but I guess I kind of am due to who I am, but I am pure hearted and loveable.
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyMon May 12, 2014 9:40 am

Ares looked around the room to see others scribbling down on their pieces of parchment of what they'd like to be if they had a chance to become an Animagi. While Aphrodite was writing, Ares took a quick peak over his older sister's shoulder to see what she was writing and saw she wanted to be a swan. Ares rolled his eyes at his sister and picked up his quill. Ares knew what he wanted to be and this was easier for him.

If I could be any animal in the world I'd choose to be a Dog. Dogs are a man's best friend and with me being a huge prankster I have very little friends but that is okay with me. Dogs have the complete life, they eat, go to the bathroom, and sleep. Occasionally they have to guard the house when their owners aren't home but that is alright with me, dogs get to attack anyone who they sense is a foe and they don't like. Dogs also get to have pups too but only if they're a female but since I am a male the only thing I would be good at is knocking someone up.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle Dimonté
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Isabelle Dimonté

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 12:21 pm

Isabelle thought for a few seconds before beginning to write. The possibilities were endless, now she thought about it, but above all there appeared to be one creature that stood out to her. Everything she could remember that the bird symbolised were traits that she liked to think she possessed herself, or at least tried to represent in her day-to-day life. With the thought in her head, the Wormwood took her quill and started to write in her usual, tidy print.

Of all of the many, many animals I think that could possibly represent my true self, there appears to be one that has the traits that I try to show through myself every day. Love, grace, promise, devotion, purity and above all else hope. A bird that, in my mind, signifies peace and utmost happiness.

I can't choose what my animagus form would be, that much is known, but I would like to think that it wouldn't matter. I see myself as a dove; a character that rarely gets given much attention, and is often called somewhat of a 'conceited' animal because of it's association with marriage (though this is personally not something I would pair myself with). But the dove doesn't care because it's too busy being itsself, and that's something that I hope I am able to portray.

Setting the quil to one side, the girl looked around at her classmates. She could see any number of animals suiting any of them, though with how little she knew the students around her she had to remind herself that she could be very, very incorrect indeed when it came to her assumptions.
Back to top Go down
Callum Hunt
Nightshade Sixth Year
Nightshade Sixth Year
Callum Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyTue May 27, 2014 6:15 am

Callum had to think a few moments before deciding on what to write. He'd never really thought about it. He supposed it'd be amazing to be something destructive, and indestructible itself. Perhaps a cheetah.

If I were an animagi, he began I would be a cheetah. They are quick, and quite lethal. And I sort of imagine myself being one. I mean with the sharp teeth, claws and eating deer, I think it's pretty cool.

He couldn't really think of anymore to write, he wasn't one for expanding his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Rosalinda Reese
Head of Ravenclaw
Head of Ravenclaw
Rosalinda Reese

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 3:57 pm

Rosalinda's room was filled with scribbles and that only meant one thing, that her students were following directions and writing what they'd want to be if they were an Animagi. The blonde completely lost track of the time because she was focused on doing work that had to be done and watching her students write their assignments. When she happened to look at the time, she saw it was time to wrap up class now.

"Okay, that is it for today, there will be no homework if you finished your assignment like I asked. If you did the assignment hand it to me before you leave, for those who had not done it, that will be your homework and I expect it next week when I see you again. With that being said you're free to go, bye" Rosalinda dismissed.
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 6:24 pm

Ares was glad he wasn't one of the students who never started the assignment because so far his day was great, he had no homework and that meant he got to brainstorm for his next set of pranks, maybe he can get Brayden to join him as well when it comes to his pranking time. Ares put his name on his paper and walked up to the desk that Professor Reese occupied and handed her the finished assignment before walking back over to his stuff and packing up. When all packed up and ready to go, Ares left the classroom to finish his day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration (1st-4th years)   Transfiguration (1st-4th years) Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfiguration (1st-4th years)
Page 1 of 1