Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Astronomy first lesson - all years

Go down 
+7
Apollo Oxton
Ares Oxton
Jaden Taylor
Diem Malik
Charlie Jaymes
Brayden Count
Alexa Montez
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alexa Montez
Graduate
Graduate
Alexa Montez

Astronomy first lesson - all years Empty
PostSubject: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyThu May 01, 2014 3:41 pm

It was her first time teaching at here in Salem. So today was her first day at work. She hoped it will go well. She walked into her classroom and looked around for a second. Then she did sit at her chair and she had few plans what to do in her class today. She just needed to choose on topic. She also needed first a students before she could start the class. So she looked at the door and hoped students will come soon.
Back to top Go down
Brayden Count
Belladonna Fourth Year
Belladonna Fourth Year
Brayden Count

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyThu May 01, 2014 3:56 pm

Brayden had a thing for Astronomy and was glad that the school finally found someone to take the job. The young Belladonna walked to the classroom and walked through the door and saw his Professor there. "Hello, I'm Brayden Count, welcome to Salem" he knew she was new, he hadn't seen this woman before and knew that she couldn't say she was here before.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Jaymes
Graduate
Graduate
Charlie Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyThu May 01, 2014 4:07 pm

Charlie heard of the new class that Salem was offering and she would be stupid not to take it. The red head made her way towards the Astronomy classroom and saw a younger year there. Charlie remembered the boy from last year. "Hi, I am Charlie Jaymes, pleasure for your to join us here at Salem" Charlie greeted the woman.
Back to top Go down
Diem Malik
Graduate
Graduate
Diem Malik

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyThu May 01, 2014 4:17 pm

Excitement, that was all that Diem was feeling. Diem loved Astronomy only because her father had always taught it when he was still alive. Diem loved listening to him tell her what he had planned for his classes and read through a lot of his books. So when she found out about the class she needed to join in, she just had to. If her father was alive he'd be completely proud of her and always be there to help her if she needed it. Just thinking about him brought tears to her eyes but she willed the tears to go away. Diem walked into the classroom. "Hi" Diem greeted the new Professor. She took a seat.
Back to top Go down
Jaden Taylor
Nightshade Fourth Year
Nightshade Fourth Year
Jaden Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyThu May 01, 2014 6:03 pm

Jaden was running to make sure that she was going to get to class on time. It was strange that her sister wasn't going to be in classes. But she knew that Sadie was the school healer. When she looked around she at least seen that she wasn't late. Which was always a good thing. She couldn't help but wondered when Brayden was going to be there. The boy was on her mind a lot. But that was because he would always make her smile. She then waited for the professor.
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyThu May 01, 2014 8:18 pm

Ares didn't really know much about Astronomy but he'd give it a shot for a semester and if he didn't like it, he wouldn't take it for the next semester. Ares wondered if his siblings would be in the class but he wasn't completely sure. Ares walked into the Astronomy classroom and saw a few other students and the Professor. He took a seat and waited.
Back to top Go down
Apollo Oxton
Graduate
Graduate
Apollo Oxton

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyThu May 01, 2014 10:45 pm

Apollo was actually a little excited... okay a lot excited for this new subject. Astronomy was a good subject and when Apollo went to regular school before getting his acceptance letter to Salem, he had learned quite a bit about the subject and was actually glad to learn more about it. When Apollo got into the classroom he instantly spotted his baby brother and walked over to him. Apollo took the empty seat next to him. "You better try in this class Ares" Apollo whispered into his brother's ear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyFri May 02, 2014 1:27 am

Astronomy was a new class on the list this year, and Victoria had been very eager to delve in to the depths of the unknown. She'd read a bit of her book to get the general idea of the book, but Victoria was definitely not so well read on this topic. A challenge was most definitely what this class was going to be.

Skipping up to the tower, Victoria was humming softly to herself. Today was a good day, there wasn't a reason for it to be a good day, it was just one of those things that happened. Opening the door, Victoria took in the business of the class and moved towards the front. "Hi everyone, she greeted before she sat down, smiling up to the professor. "Hi professor, welcome to Salem, we hope you enjoy every minute of your stay!"
Back to top Go down
Michelle Hastings
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Michelle Hastings

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptySat May 03, 2014 9:11 am

Michelle found new subject from her timetable which was Astronomy and she have always liked it. Soon she walked into the classroom and saw there already few students, who she really haven't talked much before. She smiled at everyone. "Hello, professor and welcome to Salem, I hope you like here," she said with smile to her professor and took a seat somewhere middle then.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodite Oxton
Belladonna Sixth Year
Belladonna Sixth Year
Aphrodite Oxton

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptySun May 04, 2014 12:01 am

The Belladonna heard about the newbie Professor and she was going to make sure that the new Astronomy Professor was going to feel welcomed into the nice school they all called home... well most of them. When walking in, Aphrodite saw the woman and had to admit she was pretty. "Hello Professor, welcome to Salem. I hope you enjoy it here" the blonde said sweetly.
Back to top Go down
Gillian Arkanian
Nightshade Third Year
Nightshade Third Year
Gillian Arkanian

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptySun May 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Gillian noticed too that the professor was new, but she didn't really understood all of those welcoming greetings from her fellow students, it felt so weird, and it was like stepping out of her place. She knew she wouldn't judge so harshly, but everyone looked like they were trying to get on the good side of the professor in front by saying welcome.

She huffed and went to a corner of the classroom, looking around her to see who was in the class with her. Interest picked her when she saw other older students around. This was going to be a challenge, seeing how they knew more about everything and were more confident. Hopefully, she wouldn't be too behind them when it came to astronomy.
Back to top Go down
Alexa Montez
Graduate
Graduate
Alexa Montez

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyTue May 06, 2014 2:59 am

Alexa greeted all her students back with smile. "Welcome to my class," she said with smile to everyone. "And thanks. Yes I hope I'll like it. So far it sounds to be good here," she said honestly to everyone. She really liked being and teaching in this school. "Okay let's start with the class. Seems like no one else isn't coming," she said and looked around the classroom.

"Today are we gonna learn about planets but first I wanna know much you all knkw about them," she said and waved her wand and in front of them all was now prachment. "Write on this prachment all you know about planets. Of course planets names too," she said then to them. Now she needed to wait until their all done with it.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyTue May 06, 2014 7:47 am

Slinking into class late, the boy made sure to be quiet so as not to disturb the lesson, melting into the shadows until he realized that the new teacher had already spoken and set them a task to do. The boy cursed internally, he usually timed it better than this so he could at least catch the tail end of the explanation and make something of it. Now though he was definitely late.

And definitely not about to ask the new teacher to repeat herself.

Coal black eyes roving the classroom, Jackson's gaze settled on a very familiar pair of... ears.

Making his way silently to Diem's side, the boy slid in beside the Nightshade prefect, his lanky frame sagging over the chair as if he had been there the whole time.

"Hey doll," he whispered, leaning over to Diem's table as if wanting to borrow a pencil. "What are we supposed to be doing?"
Back to top Go down
Aphrodite Oxton
Belladonna Sixth Year
Belladonna Sixth Year
Aphrodite Oxton

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyTue May 06, 2014 11:07 pm

Aphrodite listened to the new Professor as she began the class, the blonde looked at her little brother before she took out her quill and thought about her answer. What could she write? Then she decided she'd name the planets, hopefully that would be good enough... well she hoped it would be. She began to write:

'The names of the planets are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, and Uranus, there used to be a planet named Pluto as well' was what she wrote.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Jaymes
Graduate
Graduate
Charlie Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:23 pm

Charlie listened to the new Professor begin class, when asked what are planets Charlie got to thinking. She knew very little about planets and didn't really know what to write on her paper. Charlie grabbed her quill and wrote her name 'Charlie Jaymes' on the paper. The red headed girl just wrote the first thing that came to mind... which wasn't much of information. Charlie began to write. 'The planets are apart of our Solar system, not all of the planets have life, some are dead or are dying. The Solar System is never really treated fairly.' She wrote.
Back to top Go down
Diem Malik
Graduate
Graduate
Diem Malik

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:38 pm

Diem was paying attention to Professor Montez speaking and jumped when she heard a familiar voice. 'He had his moments of making her jump in complete surprise' Diem thought to herself. "Well Professor Montez wants us to write on this parchment in front of us about what we know about planets" Diem whispered to him so no one could hear her. When Diem finished explaining what was to be done, she grabbed her quill and began to write what she knew.

'There are 8 Planets in the Solar System that are divided up into two groups. The Gas Giants which are Planets Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune and the other group is the smaller rocky Planets which are Mars, Earth, Mercury, and Venus. Until 2006 Pluto was a Planet but now it is called the Dwarf Planet.'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:51 pm

As soon as the task was set, Victoria had her quill out and was writing in her usual flourishing handwriting. Planets were simple enough, they'd covered those in the Muggle Primary school she'd been to. Perhaps this lesson wasn't going to be so difficult after all?

The solar system is made up of eight planets. The first planet, or the planet closest to the sun is Mercury. Mercury is smaller than the Earth in size. It also has no natural satellites, excluding impact craters.

Second is Venus, this planet is close in size to the Earth. Though it is much drier than earth and very, very hot.

Third from the Sun is Earth, the planet we live on. And, so far the only one that can accommodate human life.

Fourth - Mars.

Fifth - Jupiter, this one is huge!

Sixth - Saturn, this is the one with lots of rings around it. I'm guessing this planet is very loved, with all the rings.

Seventh - Uranus.

Eighth - Neptune.

Pluto is no longer a planet, which I think is mean. Small things shouldn't be written off as useless.
Back to top Go down
Brayden Count
Belladonna Fourth Year
Belladonna Fourth Year
Brayden Count

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:52 pm

Brayden really didn't know that much about Planets but he should have saw this one coming since this was an Astronomy class. 'Why oh why?' He asked himself. He thought the subject would be fun, now he needed to write down what he knew about Planets. Brayden picked up his quill and began to write what he had in his head, which wasn't much.

'There are eight Planets named Jupiter, Neptune, Saturn, Uranus, Mars, Earth, Venus, and Mercury. There used to be nine but Pluto is no longer a Planet.'
Back to top Go down
Ares Oxton
Wormwood Fourth Year
Wormwood Fourth Year
Ares Oxton

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyWed May 07, 2014 10:16 pm

Ares really thought this Professor was kidding but when he saw not only his sister doing this assignment but also some of the others, he was a little shocked. Ares really didn't think they'd have to write what they knew down, he thought they'd just learn and he'd know more. The Wormwood boy sighed and took out his lucky quill and began writing this boring assignment.

'There are eight Planets but there used to be nine. Some our big and others are small' was all he wrote. Ares was not a fan of this assignment.
Back to top Go down
Apollo Oxton
Graduate
Graduate
Apollo Oxton

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyThu May 08, 2014 10:22 am

Apollo was glad that both Ares and Aphrodite were in this class with him, that just meant they were both out of trouble, especially Ares. Apollo looked around before he grabbed his quill and really got to thinking. What could he write that was interesting? Apollo wasn't an expert at Planets but he knew about them. Apollo kept it simple.

'1) Mercury is a hot Planet that may or may not have ice
2) Mars has water
3) Venus is the hottest Planet in the Solar System
4) Jupiter is a huge Planet and the fastest rotating Planet
5) Earth's magnetic field protects
6) Saturns rings are constantly changing
7) Uranus is the coldest Planet in the Solar System'

That was all he really had, but there was probably a lot more facts out there about the Planets in the Solar System.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyFri May 09, 2014 4:20 pm

When Diem told him they had to write about the planets, Jackson couldn't have but roll his eyes. He supposed it could be worse though. They could be in class where the teacher demanded proper participation and interaction. Jackson decided he would go on to take astronomy for the rest fo the year, it seemed an easy enough subject to keep up with.

Dragging his pen across the paper, the Nightshade began to write.

"There are nine planets in total, I remembered them from muggle school. My Very Efficient Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas. That's what the teacher, Mrs Kumar, she had amazing... neptunes - told us. She said that memorizing this sentence will help us keep the planets in orders. And all the boys were very happy to keep her planets in order.

Except I changed it to "My Very Eficient Merida" because I don't call her mom, that's lame. Also, she tries her best but she isn't efficient so I changed that to "Energetic" because Merlin knows Merida can have a go at someone until she's red in the face.

Also, because I wasn't a fat ass, and nor were my friends. plus the only pizza we could get nine pizzas was at the one diner all the way on the opposite side of town, i changed "nine pizzas" to "newborn potatoes" as that made more sense. Merida worked in the fresh produce department at the time and we got to keep all the day old fruits and vegetables for free.

I had the whole thing down for my test. My Very Energetic Merida Just Served Us Newborn Potatoes and then the idiots who are in charge fo the science stuff went and changed pluto to not a planet. No one told me of course so I still got the question wrong in primary school but that's life.

It always screws you over. Usually in Uranus.

And that's what I know about the planets."
Back to top Go down
Alexa Montez
Graduate
Graduate
Alexa Montez

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyMon May 26, 2014 6:02 pm

Alexa waited there quietly people to finish they assigments. She looked at that person who was late. "Next time try yo be one time," she said and amiled for a second. She decided not to take points away for latness in her first lesson ever. She tried to he kind and nice.

"If you're finished then bring paper at my desk and we can ho on with lesson, oh and when you do bring you're paper then write something about Saturn on the board. One fact," she then told to them with smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyMon May 26, 2014 11:11 pm

At the mention of bringing their papers to the front, Victoria was up on her feet, and placing the explanation of what she knew on the professors desk wisolar warm smile to the older witch.

"If you're finished then bring paper at my desk and we can ho on with lesson, oh and when you do bring you're paper then write something about Saturn on the board. One fact,"

Moving then to the board, the wwormwood took up a piece of chalk and began to write in her usual neat, cursive handwriting. "Saturn is the second largest planet in the solar system" she wrote, placing the chalk back in to place and returning to her seat with a warm smile radiating from her lips.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Blake
Unsorted
Jackson Blake

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyWed May 28, 2014 10:43 am

Looking over at Diem, the boy saw she was still finishing up her essay and stood up, not feeling too badly for it. Diem was a good student, she took a longer time to finish her work.

Jackson on the other hand wanted to be out of here.

Giving the prefect a grin, the raven haired boy made his way to the teacher's desk and handed in his paper. In one smooth stride, he was at the blackboard with chalk in hand.

"Saturn is a flat planet, no wonder I never found it interesting. It might consider hitting puberty anytime soon now if it wants to keep up with all the other planets."

With a wave a the teacher, the Nightshade walked out of class, right behind the princess.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodite Oxton
Belladonna Sixth Year
Belladonna Sixth Year
Aphrodite Oxton

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years EmptyWed May 28, 2014 12:44 pm

Aphrodite was finished her paper and looked to the others who were standing up to hand in their paper, Aphrodite waited until the Nightshade boy was finished at the board before she grabbed her paper and handed it to the Professor, she then went to the black board and thought of what she could write before she thought of something and wrote.

'Saturn has rings'

She put the chalk down and went to grab her stuff, she then proceeded out of the classroom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy first lesson - all years   Astronomy first lesson - all years Empty

Back to top Go down

Astronomy first lesson - all years
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next